Glacier Bancorp Customer Service Rep in Fort Benton, Montana
Customer Service Rep
First Bank MT - Fort Benton
First Bank Montana
Customer Service and Tellers will greet customers with a smile, assess and fill their needs in a professional manner. This person must have the ability to communicate effectively while working quickly and with accuracy.
Employee will have extensive contact with customers, vendors, the general public, and bank staff and will interact in a professional and courteous manner, and conduct him/herself in such relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall efficiency and
image of the bank. This position will be both a customer service and teller position.
Essential Customer Service Functions
Assist customers with opening new deposit accounts and all deposit products that are offered at the branch including debit cards, credit cards, online banking, bill pay and remote services. You will answer questions and provide exceptional customer service
in person, on the phone and through email.
Essential Teller Functions
• Receives deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, and issues receipts.
• Accepts checks for cashing, verifies endorsements, validity, and funds availability.
• Identifies forged checks and bills.
• Accepts loan payments.
• Fills change orders for businesses.
• Maintains balancing record by correctly balancing cash daily, locates overages or shortages, sells
excess cash to vault and maintains established cash levels in drawer.
• Issues cashier’s checks, money orders, and gift cards.
• Processes foreign currency transactions.
• Processes telephone transfers.
• Sorts, counts, and wraps money to be transferred to the vault.
• Possesses a basic knowledge of bank products to include deposit products such as checking, savings, money market, CD’s, on-line banking, VISA check cards; and lending products such as consumer/HELOC/mortgage products. Promotes Tell-A-Friend.
• Maintains proper usage of teller system, vertex and JHA.
• Possesses a basic understanding of compliance and regulatory issues (i.e. certain regs: E, CC)
• Average number of transactions processed daily meets productions standards within the office.
• Processes and records night deposit transactions and resolves errors and problems when discovered.
• Utilize opening/closing procedures for lobby.
• Service Quality – embrace service pledge and provide extraordinary and consistent service to all internal and external customers. Listens to and asks about customers needs.
• Participates in required training, staff meetings, and lobby displays.
• Participate in Community Service and Bank-sponsored activities that serve and support the mission and values of First Bank of Montana.
• Provide superior internal and external customer service: must demonstrate self-governance, courtesy and respect toward external customers as well as internal customers (all organization personnel).
• Complete required bank and BVS training courses within assigned time frame(s).
• All employees are accountable for compliance with applicable laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to participate in required training to become familiar with legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her
job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Represent First Bank of Montana in a professional manner which includes a professional image, confidentiality, a positive “can-do” attitude, good attendance, punctuality, flexibility and adaptability in meeting bank and customer needs. Keep work area tidy
and maintain customer privacy.
• Additional duties as requested or assigned
Apply today to join our fabulous team!
Full Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, flexible benefit plan, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, personal days, holiday pay and 401(k) with profit sharing contributions.
Our benefits also include:
• Promoting from within whenever possible
• Employer pays a significant portion of Employee’s and dependents medical insurance
• Verizon cell phone discount
• Numerous community service opportunities
• Employee loan discounts
• Discounted gym membership
• AFLAC supplemental insurance
Minimum Position Qualifications
• This is an entry level position. No previous work history is required; however, prior customer service and cash handling experience would be of assistance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle and feel items, write, read, and keyboard. The employee is frequently required to climb
up and down stairs. Occasionally, the employee must sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may infrequently be required to climb and balance. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is infrequently required
to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works primarily indoors, works with others and works around others. The employee may work extended days/hours. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical
disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.