MillerCoors Agronomist Student Professional in Power, Montana
Auto req ID:
Our MillerCoors agronomist internship encompasses working with our eight agronomists in Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming and possibly Canada, conducting in-person surveys of farming practices from 800+ growers.. You will also have the opportunity to learn about malt barley production in the various growing areas where MillerCoors procures it barley.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Work in a safe manner, supporting the MillerCoors safety culture and values
• Contribute to a culture of teamwork and dedication to help align with company guiding principles
• Work closely with our MillerCoors experienced barley procurement team
• Perform regular field checks & help diagnose agronomic problems
• Responsible for reporting scouting results to MillerCoors staff
• Communicate effectively with supervisor, keeping him/her informed of current tasks and activities
• Work with our Barley Elevator supervisor and staff, supporting barley elevator operation activities
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Proficient computer skills - Microsoft Office , email, internet
• Good diagnostic and decision making skills
• Proven ability to effectively communicate – verbal & written skills
• Desire to serve farmers and others involved in the agriculture industry
• Willingness to work as a team member
• Desire to remain updated with new agriculture trends and technology
• Motivation to learn daily
• Ability to work outside during heat of day & ability to walk several miles per day
• Ability to perform physically demanding activities and work in barley dust environment
11139BRAgronomist Student ProfessionalUnited States MillerCoors LLCPowerMillerCoors is built upon a foundation of more than 288 years of brewing heritage. It is a legacy driven by our founders to brew the highest quality beers, and a commitment that continues today. Our vision is to create America's best beer company by driving profitable growth. And we insist on building our brands the right way through quality brewing, responsible marketing, and a commitment to sustainable development and community investments. We're building a true team of highly talented people. People who are passionate about the beer business, who love to win and have a desire to learn, and who always aim to amaze customers by doing the little things that make a big difference.
Credentials / Experience:
• Student pursuing a degree in agriculture disciplines, or other degrees with agriculture experience
• Valid Driver’s License
• Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or have U.S. permanent work authorization; must be 21 years of age or older when the Internship begins
- A valid passport may be required if traveling out of the U.S. to Canada
Additional Application Considerations :
All candidates must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening test.
MillerCoors will not accept or review hand-delivered, emailed, mailed, or faxed resumes/applications.
MillerCoors LLC is an equal-opportunity employer, tapping into the power of diversity.
Funtional Area (example: Brewery Operations, Marketing, Sales, Finance):
MillerCoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in our employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.